Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Nick and I have been married 7 years now. They have been a wonderful 7 years, he makes marriage amazing and easy. He gave me the most wonderful gift I have ever received. There is a little story behind it so bear with me. Since Thanksgiving I have been missing my wedding ring. I looked and looked and looked for three weeks and couldn't find it. I gutted the kids rooms, tore apart my bedroom (with my mothers help), searched the vacuum bag with no luck. I was very upset and Nick was too. Every time I asked him to help me look for it he continued to be mad and say no I don't support the fact that you lost it. After the house was immaculate he gave me until February to find it and then he was going to buy me a new one. Well the day before out anniversary we were at my moms house for her Christmas party and he brings me over a jewelry bag. My first thoughts were, Oh, great I didn't want a new ring, I want my own. Well I opened it up and it was MY RING! He had the broken pieces fixed and then added a wedding band to it. IT IS BEAUTIFUL. I both cried and called him a BUTT numerous times. No wonder he wouldn't help me dig through the vacuum bag. It was a wonderful day and gift.

I love you Nick, I look forward to the next many years together.

2 comments:

HHM Crew said...

That is one of the sweetest gifts ever! Way to go Nick! Love you guys!
Heather

Lisa said...

OH man, I would panic!!! I've heard of other husbands who don't tell their wives they have their ring... cruel!! but very sweet!