Monday, May 10, 2010

New House well Kind of!

So we moved again!! Okay, about 3 months ago we moved I just haven't had time to update. We moved back into our rental house. Nick might have to leave in September with Army, so we decided it would be best to have our renter move out so that I don't have to worry about the rental if he goes. It was a blessing in disguise however, two weeks after the renter moved out he called us and told us he was laid off! We felt terrible for him but we were very grateful we had the thought to do as we did. That would have been a tough few months without his rent. It was kind of nice moving back into a house I was already comfortable with.

Before we moved back in I was talking with my dad about options for remodel. A way to put a master bath upstairs. After a lot of drawing and redrawing we finally decided. My dad is an amazing person that does everything in his power to make things happen. He does all he can to make my ideas possible. He came up this weekend and in two days had the plumbing, walls, electric, tub and toilet installed. IT IS WONDERFUL!!! We had to combine two rooms to do this. It was a huge mess but with my moms help it stayed really clean. I think she vacuumed and vacuumed and then vacuumed again trying to keep the sheet rock dust and insulation under control. I have wonderful parents and husband for doing so much work to make this all happen. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It was an exciting Mother's Day gift. Now just the finishing touches.
Yes we do actually use these. It feels like a country western movie when you sit in a bathtub with unfinished walls surrounding you.

4 comments:

Brandy Lynn said...

It is about time you get something up!!! You must have got your keyboard working. You need to try to take a full picture of your bedroom. It looks huge! It must have turned out bigger than expected. I am so excited to see it this weekend!!
Love ya!

Lisa said...

Nice! I love projects, weird huh?! You'll need to do the after once it's finished!!

texaspencers said...

Hey, looks good! Check you guys and your crafty-ness out. I'm glad to see Jaycie posing in the tub, that is the best part! Take care, oh, and I'm glad I know where your house is when I come visit...it seems it is always in a different location when we come! Ha!

Aubrey

Jess and Jen said...

Wow, you guys got a lot done on that bathroom! Your parents spoiled you, how nice!