Disneyland/California Adventures!
We had the opportunity to go to Disneyland over the 15 days Nick was home. We had such a good time and enjoyed the short time away. It was the kids first time flying, they were so excited.
We got to California around 3:00 and headed straight to the park. We chose to do California Adventures first since we had never been there before. One of the first rides was Monsters Inc. Where we got to meet Sully.Then onto Bug's Land where I was the one chosen (By Nick) to ride the swirly lady bug ride. I get so sick on those types of rides and so does Nick, but of course I lost that battle. It ended up not being as bad as I remember a similar ride at Lagoon. My mom was the queen of spinning and I remember getting off so dizzy. I must not have been as good of a leaner, because I couldn't get these ones to spin so good.
This picture was taken by Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (Get it? Ahh so funny) I didn't do such a good job with the picture though, I cut off the cool watermelon in the back.
This was at the Grizzly Rapids. We did this one right before the park closed at 10. It was pretty cold so we prepared ourselves for the worst. It is a good thing too, because if it weren't for our rain jackets we would have been drenched.
We went to Disneyland the following day where Nick spoiled the kids rotten! Nick saw the Bibbity-Bobbity Boutique and decided to have Jaycie get her hair and make up done. It ended up being so worth it. Jaycie absolutely loved it. She walked around so proud for the rest of the day and was actually very sweet and princess like. She was beautiful!
Brayden also got the chance to be apart of the Jedi Training Academy! He was one of the kids that got picked from the audience and was so excited because he had even worn his Jedi shirt. He was so serious and proud to be apart of such an honorable duty. He learned how to fight from the Jedi trainers and then Darth Vader and Darth Mal came to fight the newly trained Jedi group. What a stud! He loved every minute of it. Jaycie never looked at her brother in such a way before. She basically worshiped the ground he walked on because of how amazing he was fighting the scary red faced guy. She didn't stop talking about it all night saying how proud she was of him and how strong he was. She couldn't stop touching him either. It was so funny.
These pictures were taken at California Adventures in the National Forest Area (I don't remember exactly). They had some fun things the kids (ok and parents) could play on.
I thought this picture was hilarious!!! The slide was surprisingly fast!
The Toy Story Mania ride was the longest line we waited in, but it was worth it. It was a very creative ride of arcade.
It was a very fun trip! We went to a lot of fun shows at California Adventures that were well worth it. We loved the Aladdin show and the World of Color water show. It was such a good time just spending time as a family and seeing the kids get excited over everything. Nick got excited about every food stand we passed and always seemed to be starving and need some form of nourishment. One bad thing was how quickly Nick and I got sick on every ride. I think we are getting old! (Almost 30 you know)!



2 comments:
Speak for yourself about getting old...I feel 18 again!!!! JK It was a really fun trip, thanks for the post Tami...your...GREAT! (AKA I love you).
Nick
I'm so glad he got to come home! and that you got to take a fun vacay! I bet you guys loved having him home.
Post a Comment