Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida!
I had the opportunity to fly to New Orleans to meet Nick on his four day leave. It was so much fun! We stayed very busy the whole time. The first night we stayed in New Orleans. We walked around the streets, down the river walk, and Bourbon Street. It was a whole new world there. Unfortunately I was a bit of a party pooper that night. I was so tired I crashed around 7:00. (Hey don't judge me, it was my let down day!)
Then we headed on our road trip through Mississippi and Alabama, to Florida.
In Alabama we stopped in Mobile for lunch. We took a tour of the U.S.S Alabama. It was very neat to be able to walk through such a huge war ship.Mobile had some very cool buildings.
We made it!!!
We made a stop at Miramar Beach to see Bella, Shawn and Mariah's baby. Nick hadn't seen her yet so it was a must do. Then we headed to our hotel. We got there as the sun was setting, it was beautiful. This is a picture from our hotel room.
The following day we walked the beach to the pier. The sand in Florida was so pretty. It was white and very clean. Nick even made friends with a crab.
After walking so long we decided to rent a little scooter car. It was way fun. This scooter was street legal so we road it all over Panama City. I am not sure I have laughed that hard in a long time. We were getting passed like we were sitting still. The scooter didn't reverse either. So we had to use the Flintstone method to get around. We were honked at and laughed at by many passerby's. We drove our little scooter to St. Andrew's State Park to try to find alligators but didn't see any. We also went to Ripley's Believe it or NOt, and Wonder work, two very fun museums.
Then of course we had to eat. Unfortunately we struggled finding restaurants with good food. The best restaurant we ate at was the last night when we met up with Maj. Galley, Lt. Newell, and SFC. Miner. It was nice to finally be able to connect a face with the soldiers Nick talks about.
We had such a great time! I am so in love with him. He is still everything to me. I cannot wait until this year is up until we can be together again. Love you Nick and be safe. Come home soon!!!



4 comments:
Tami...it looks great! I had a blast and loved every minute of the trip. I love you thanks for flying down!
Love nick
Oh my heck!! That car is hillarious! I am still laughing so hard. I showed Eric. He just raised his eyebrows and said "Wow, they must have been on a strict budget!! Haha, what a dork. I looks like you had a lot of fun. You both look so happy!! Nick looks great!! I miss him A LOT!!! I can't wait to see him again and enjoy his fun personality!! Nick if you are reading this, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! We love you and miss you tons!
We are glad to hear that you guys had a good time. I hope you had fun together. I love the cars and am jealous that I wasn't there to race you guys. God Speed Nick
Ahhhhh!!! I love this post! You guys are the CUTEST couple, and I'm so happy you got to go and visit him. Looks like you had a blast and made some great memories... love the car too, that's awesome!
Post a Comment